Adds more "realistic" fire behaviour that spreads and sets objects and the ground on fire!
1) “Realistic” fire that spread from object to object. This includes fire fields burning items, placeables, and creatures and those same objects igniting oil slicks! Fire can even jump from one oil slick to the next, causing a chain effect that results in a massive inferno!
2) Fire containers such as braziers that allow players to enflame “doused” weapons and ammunition to create fiery blades and fire arrows!
3) Placeables (ie. barrels) and creatures (ie. rats) can be doused with oil and primed with black powder and then ignited to create a deadly “bomb” that not only does massive damage but spread fire to any object unfortuante enough to be in its blast zone!
4) Items like oil flasks can either be used to douse placeables and items, create oil slicks on the floor, and be mixed with blackpowder to create alchemist fire! Black powder can also be mixed with caltrops to make a deadly spike grenade!
5) Creatures, placeables, and even players can be set on flames, making fire a far more deadly and destructive weapon!
6) Weather affects fire dynamically! Snow and Rain shorten duration of fires and reduce the chance of igniting objects!
7) Module variables are set to allow for easy customization of the Realistic Fire Behavior such as reducing or increasing the duration of fires and the damage they inflict!
8) A demonstration module, “Laboratory of Fire”, has been included so that you can easily view all the stated features before importing the required resources.
Heh. I hadn't exhausted all possibilities for improvements to the system :) I just assumed someone would light a oil slick with a fire arrow or alchemist fire. Regardless, wouldn't know how to make a visual that looks like someone throwing a torch.
Posted by Yanos at 2009-03-08 04:55:14 Voted 9.75 on 03/08/09
Thanks for the submission, but why can't I throw oil flasks and then throw a torch?
the fire damage is entirely controllable though so tweaking it for balance is fast and easy.
I did make a false claim, players CAN NOT catch on fire because my scripts mostly work off onDamaged which doesn't exist on players. I'm sure I can get around this but I thought most people would just find it not so crucial so I didn't try to look for a work around.
Players still do get damage from fire fields and explosions though.
Posted by Raven_Blood at 2009-03-07 11:57:18 Voted 10.00 on 03/07/09
ya know. i havent even tried this out, and already i want to give it a rating :O im giving it a 10- for its easy installation, i recommend it to anyone for a PW who wants that extra realistic feel, and for incorporating several diffrent fire types into one! great work too btw :]
Posted by kalbaern at 2009-03-07 11:08:13 Voted 9.75 on 03/07/09
Love this for use in a SP Mod .... not sure I want my player's torching whole towns yet on my PW though. Very nicely done though. _________________________ The Savage Frontier and Surrounds - NWN PW based in the Forgotten Realms: Link
Ya, i just checked it now. Must have loaded wrong that one time or something (I'm fairly certain I didn't miss it since I had already entered most of the info before realizing there was no upload file option that time). Regardless, I'll make sure not to upload a similar package to scripts next time.
I tried scripting the first time actually. It doesn't seem to allow you to upload actual files, just code. I wanted this package to be as painless to implement as possible and even took the time to include a readme so that people can easily add their own burning placeables and creatures. I was thinking of expanding this to include effects of cold, electricity, acid (?), and even perhaps even throw in water (as a catalyst). I'd like to see if enough people find this useful though.
Posted by Saduj at 2009-03-06 19:44:49 Voted 10.00 on 03/06/09