'Through seven gates lie seven realms. In seven realms stand seven guardians. With seven guardians lie seven symbols. From seven symbols comes one key.'
This is my conversion of Tom Moldvay's 1986 TSR module of the same name. Although this is best suited for a DMed party of characters of levels 30 to 35, it can be played single player (since respawning is allowed).
The DMFI tools are included, as well as DM-only in-game notes.
Posted by werelynx2 at 2011-12-31 06:19:44 Voted 8.50 on 12/31/11
Definitely more geared toward DMed multi, but still playable.
- flying tree in the white realm(placeable).
- gargantuan basilisk tries to petrify me from large distance, while I fire arrow by arrow at him. None of his petrifying gazes had reached me from that far. _________________________ Thanks Rolo:)
Thanks, sounds like you two had fun regardless. Those weird things are in there because it's a conversion of an actual TSR module.
Posted by AardvarkOz at 2010-11-01 05:16:06 Voted 7.50 on 11/01/10
Thanks for the work on this module. My wife and I played it and to be honest found it a tad disappointing. There was a lot to like, some good ideas and some of it looked fantastic but a lot was frustrating. Over all it felt it good have been a lot better.
* Sphinx's riddles were fun
* a lot of unusual creatures and art, although some felt they were just there but had no purpose (phoenix), whereas the rainbow bridge was excellent
* the seven realms got a bit tedious and some fights seemed weird, why did we have to fight the artist in the desert?, he seemed quite nice, albeit a bit vain
* some of the library "clues" were pretty obscure
* no sleeping! thankfully we weren't reliant on spells (Human Paladin and Elf Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Archer)
* bit of a monty-haul at the end (crazy treasure on black hag!)
* no shopping in any case
But still we must say that we appreciate your efforts and we still had fun. Cheers!
Entertaining so far, good epic mod (doing single player) but I'm stumped. Spoilers Ahead!
According to the walk-through (which I had to resort to a couple times), in the black realm should be an invisible transition to a swamp area. The transition just doesn't work - I can see the trigger area in debug mode (looks large, covers the northern strip of the woods area) but it doesn't trigger the transition. Help?!
Heh, thanks! You've gone through most of my mods - guess I'll have to make more...
Posted by Rhiana at 2007-05-06 06:45:48 Voted 10.00 on 05/06/07
Wow! fun even solo, but I can see it would improve with a DM and companions! very challanging and interesting quests.
The maze and rainbow bridge were awesome! I went through the entire maze, just because I was having fun!
I was turned into a swan and stayed so the rest of the mod. It was very funny animation when fighting, lol. The lady before entrancing the Maze area did not like my response and agroed. I guess my ranger/ arcane archer/wiz was too free spirited and indendant for her liking, hehee.
As for combat, it was very chalalnging for me in some cases because my character was level 20s and had pretty sub par gear. I would definitely recommend HOTD character or better gear. I lacked any regen and it really hurt, but this was me solo, a group with a healer type would not be impacted as much.
The chest in the foolishness of war area (on the back of the cart) did not spawn an item. But that is not mod breaking, so I don't hold it against the rating.
Another great mod by thegeorge!!! Thanks for making these fun mods!