You are here

The Scroll (V2.00) - Feedback (Comments, Problems & Requests.) PROBLEMS FOUND: 3

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lance Botelle
The Scroll (V2.00) - Feedback (Comments, Problems & Requests.) PROBLEMS FOUND: 3

Hi All,

I just wanted to start a feedback post for my module, The Scoll. Hopefully, I have now eliminated some all of those problems that went under the radar in earlier versions. Importantly, I believe I have fixed at least two game-breaking bugs!

Please use this post to send any comments, issues, or requests my way, and I will respond as soon as I can. Please note, I do not respond on the Lord's Day (Sunday), but would try to respond at all other times if I am able to.

Many Thanks, Lance.

The World of Althéa Blog: http://worldofalthea.blogspot.co.uk/

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Lance Botelle

Hi All,

I guess problem solving  never ends ..... but at least we get closer every time.

CURRENT PATCH AVAILABLE: v2.03  ...... FULL VERSION AVAILABLE: v2.02 FROM THE LINK BELOW:

Module page .... https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/scroll

ALL LATER PATCHES INCLUDE EARLIER ONES

ISSUES

1) TODD (MOLDS QUEST): There is a bug in Todd's (the smithy) conversation. Basically, the problem occurs if you have a rogue with 8 in their Open Lock skill and discover the chest comibination using the PCs own ability. WORKAROUND: If you want to avoid the poroblem, do not crack the combination code using a PC. Once, I have uploaded the fix, it should no longer be a problem. (PATCHED IN v2.01)

2) MP FAILURE: I have managed to introduce a bug when playing a MP game, in that the joining player eventually crashes the client. UPDATE: I have traced the problem to some new TB code I added. (I have also fixed an auto-follow issue with joining players.) WORKAROUND: Avoid using TB Combat in MP mode. This is a MP fix. (PATCHED IN v2.02) The latest full build (complete download) also has non-essential fixes to the "signposts" in the village, which is not fixed via the patch.

3) OPTION1 BACKGROUND FAIL (VOL GIFT GUI): There is an intermittent GUI problem reported if option 1 is selected for the PC background. WORKAROUND: Select option 2 as your background (which is the most likely option for most players anyway). What should happen is Vol's Gift GUI should open after selecting background 1. After a few more selections the game should make an auto-save that should be possible to work from thereafter. NB: It is normal to NOT make any custom saves prior to this auto-save. (PATCHED IN v2.03) Please can you give feedback if any more issues are encountered with this reported problem.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
kevL's

paraphrase: if Companion is a rogue w/ 8 OpenLock skill, AND OwnedPC 'discovers' the chest-combination ...

i can only imagine ....

Offtopic, am working through Tony's enhanced SoZ-ai ... I've come to the conclusion that it works fine as a complete replacement for the old DCR. in fact, hDCR is probly a much better AI for NPCs of all sorts.

anyway, glad to see The Scroll is getting buffed :)

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Lance Botelle

Hi KevL,

Thanks for the info ... As for "the buff", I think I just put my cloth in the wrong colour polish ... ;)

Cheers, Lance.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
kevL's
  • The second player joins, but they cannot move. Any ideas anybody?

idk, check their commandable status. Can actions appear on their action-queue (even if they just stall)?

// console script
void main()
{
    object oPC = GetFirstPC();
    while (GetIsObjectValid(oPC))
    {
        SendMessageToPC(GetControlledCharacter(OBJECT_SELF),
                        GetName(oPC) + " commandable= " + IntToString(GetCommandable(oPC)));

oPC = GetNextPC();
    }
}

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Lance Botelle

Hi KevL,

UPDATE: The problem was related to a corrupt nwn2player.ini file. Now fixed.

UPDATE: It appears my second computer will NOT work NWN2 with the mouse on *any* loaded module. Therefore, I am guessing corruption and may require reinstall of NWN2.

Actually, even OC SoZ module does not work! :(

I have no idea what has happened here now. I am continuing to test the OC SoZ until that works ....

This is what happenes (SoZ), the campaign starts OK, the second player can join OK, but THEY CANNOT MOVE.

Do you (or anybody else) have the ability to test MP functionaility?

Other than than, I wondered if it was some port problem, but my router reports all relevany ports opened .... I assume they only need to be opened on the SERVER ... as I obviously cannot open the same ports to a second computer.

As I say though ... It sees it ... can join ... but cannot move thereafter!

Cheers, Lance.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
kevL's

sounds like the movement problem is fixed. Re, client crash ... it might be a malformed character .BIC

try creating a new character from scratch, on the server

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Lance Botelle

Hi KevL,

I have tracked down the problem to some new code I added for the "TARGET" info when paused. I will now try to add a "fix" for MP support or make it disabled in a MP game.

Cheers, Lance.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%