You are here

Bioware 1.69 Scripts and .2da Files

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Proleric
Bioware 1.69 Scripts and .2da Files

This is a builder resource which simply provides the latest Bioware 1.69 scripts and 2da files in zip folders.

This has several potential uses:

• It provides a baseline for new builder mods, ensuring that the builder starts from the latest official version
  • When using old mods created before 1.69, they need to be merged into the 1.69 version to ensure that 1.69 benefits and assets are not lost
  • Using a decent file explorer (e.g. FreeCommander), it is possible to search the Bioware scripts and 2da files

Anyone can create this resource for themselves using NWNExplorer, if they take care to overwrite older versions with newer ones, step by step. These downloads save that effort.

This is primarily for builder creating new mods and modules, so the Official Campaign assets are not included.

SOURCE: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/script/bioware-169-scripts-2da...

NWN and DAO adventures at http://proleric.com/

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Baaleos

I have a somewhat serious question that needs answered.

Since the nwn script sources themselves are accompanied with the game, and the only normal way of getting those sources is through a purchase of the game.
Is supplying the sources in a zip/rar or whatever file - a form of piracy and therefore opening the vault up to liability if they choose to distribute said pirated content.

I only ask - because technically speaking, if nss files are safe to distribute from the game content, then theoretically, one could go mad and distribute the bif files and the model files and the bmu files and so on...

You see where im going with this right?

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Vanya Mia

Onto dodgy ground? cheeky

"I took Skill Focus: Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level." Belkar, OOTS

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Proleric

@Baaleos - the Bioware EULA conditionally permits modification and distribution of game files.

This package doesn't allow anyone to play the game for free. Bioware actively encouraged modders to access and adapt everything in it. This simply provides the same files in a more convenient form. If that were questionable, then so is every other mod on the vault.

So I wouldn't worry about it (unless, of course,  the copyright holder raises an objection, which seems absurdly unlikely).

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Baaleos

fair enough :D

I was just conscious that the files were originally from the game content - therefore would conceivably be considered game content.
Comparable to sharing music from a game etc Whether the files allow the game to be played or not.

But if the copyright holders have given permission for the continused redistribution of the files - thats fair enough.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%