You are here

Looking for Arandie - module v1.04 [DONE!]

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sawark
Looking for Arandie - module v1.04 [DONE!]

I've just realized that probably more recent version (1.04 from 2004-10-01; HotU 1.62 required) of this Arandie module should be uploaded, instead of v1.03 (2003-11-09; SoU 1.32, HotU not required):

http://web.archive.org/web/20080104195200/http://nwvault.ign.com/View.ph... - just look at the most recent comment from this archived page:

Posted by Cerealkiller at 2007-11-22 02:58:15

Thought i'd mention...
Saw the update and downloaded to realize that the files were just being replaced due to them being lost or whatever.
But it seems that the mod hosted now is a older verison them what I already have. I believe the one hosted now is version 1.03 released 11/9/2003 where I have 1.04 released 10/1/2004.

I have got a hakpak that, as I think, would be the appropriate for this 1.04 version (dated: 2004-09-27 - downloaded from the Author's website... unfortunately: the module isn't available there). Perhaps someone has the module v1.04 archived somewhere?

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Werelynx

"1.03

A story-based module written for the pre-generated character Arandie. Playing this module with a character other than Arandie will produce Extremely Silly results and is not recommended.
 See the arandie_manual.txt for more detailed information.

Be advised that the module has some 'adult' content. Most (I'm tempted to say 'all', but there are few places where things -will- happen if you go there) of it can be avoided, though.
 Also note that this module was not written for multiplayer experience. So don't even bother."

it appears that I also have 1.03 - 90% that it was not uploaded as 1.04. I got it modified in 2013, but that's probably me opening it in the toolset. File made 2003 9th Nov.

Strangely there is no arandie at ftp.. will ask TAD about it.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Sawark

It was uploaded as 1.04 - as we can read on: http://web.archive.org/web/20050507134609/http://nwvault.ign.com/View.ph...

"Posted by HtPolsa at 2004-10-01 01:53:00

The update is finally done and uploaded. Took almost a year for me to make... yeah, so I'm slow sometimes. There are no big changes, so those who have played it will see very little new content, and most of the changes happen behind the scenes.
Those willing to replay and have the earlier version need to download the hakpack as well. There is one new portrait (for Taryanna, I didn't like the the old portrait) and the changed appearance.2da file.

I've done quite a bit of heavy playtesting in the past weeks, checking the changes and that they worked as intended. However, it is entirely possible that there are still some problems. So all bug reports are welcome (who knows, maybe I can make an update faster this time).

HtP
"

2004-10-01 - this is the date that I mentioned earlier. So... someone has to have it somewhere, I bet. ;)

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
akinliat

As near as I can tell, looking in the RoloVault, the 1.04 wasn't the last version by a couple of years.  The file listed there was last updated in September 2007, and is the version that I would expect should be uploaded.  The files for the last version can be found here, and include the hak file.  I don't know if anyone would have the 1.04 version, but it was probably replaced before anyone started archiving the vault contents.

Akin

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Fester Pot

I have included the files from the referenced ftp location to the project page found below.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/arandie

FP!

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Werelynx

Quoting description: "The Hak for this file is now in working order, thanks to community member Thirdpres who supplied us with a good copy.

Thanks also to Hagaar and alklau for restoring the other files."

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Sawark

Thanks, but these are exactly the same files (i.e. 1.03 version) as I have uploaded earlier (the only difference is that I have packed them all in one .7z file instead uploading them as 3 separate files). In result these 3 'new' files don't make things better and may only  lead someone (who wants to download Arandie) to a confusion. So I guess I should delete them to avoid such confusion and/or redundancy.

Edit: the page reverted to the previous revision.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Sawark

@ akinliat:

"I don't know if anyone would have the 1.04 version, but it was probably replaced before anyone started archiving the vault contents."

I don't know that as well. And that's what I'm trying to investigate: Is there anyone who has the 'Arandie' module - version 1.04, instead of 1.03? Only the module is missing, i.e. as I mentioned earlier, I grabbed the hakpak file (for 1.04) from the author's site: http://koti.mbnet.fi/htpolsa/mod/ - unfortunately there's only this hakpak there, no module itself.

The date of the .mod file (the date of modification) should be: September (or 1st Oct) 2004 - not 2003. If someone downloaded the module after 2004-10-01 and before 2007-09-06 it would be the 1.04 version.

Another question is why there was only 1.03 version on ign nwvault - since 2007-09-06...

@ Werelynx:

" Quoting description: "The Hak for this file is now in working order, thanks to community member Thirdpres who supplied us with a good copy.

Thanks also to Hagaar and alklau for restoring the other files."
"

My guess is that the author's site was temporarly offline in 2007 and the hakpak was inaccessible. That situation led to some chaos, Arandie files were uploaded by some community members. Possibly there could be some version mismatch then (e.g. 1.03 version of hakpak & 1.04 version of module), so they tried to get them all in working order, and that in result left us with earlier versions (1.03) than Harri Polsa had previously uploaded (1.04).
Or maybe there was another problem? We can only guess untill we have got 1.04 version of the module.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Dimmest

I have the 1.04 version. I can't figure out how to upload it without starting a new project so I have put it on a file hosting service here

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Werelynx

Thank you very much.

It has been uploaded onto the site.

<labelling this thread as done>

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Sawark

@ dimmest

Thanks Dimmest. But could you possibly upload original zip version of module as well: randi104.zip - i.e. the one that we can see listed here?

I have my doubts about your version. It seems to be saved under NWN (+ SoU & HotU) patched to 1.68+, while the original 1.04 version was updated to 1.62 only (and no wonder why - 'cos we talk here about a module file from Sept-Oct 2004).

No offence intended of course. I'm only trying to make 100% sure, that we have the proper version uploaded.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Werelynx

the desc. of the mod file provided says version1.04

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Sawark

Yes, but not knowing the real date of file modification, and knowing that module was opened in Toolset and saved under NWN 1.68/1.69 (while it shoudn't), we have no warranty that this is the original, unmodified 1.04 version of Arandie by Harri Polsa.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Dimmest

I don't have the archive.

1.04 is the version reported in the toolset. It's possible I saved the module with the toolset myself. There was a backup module in the same folder with a slightly different filesize. I've uploaded it here. Maybe that's the original but I can't check in the toolset right now.

I also saw that the current hak is outdated so I uploaded it here.

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Sawark

Aye, that's it! Your help is much appreciated. +10 Vault Karma Points for you! :)

I'll update the project in a minute.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
BangedAgate

I guess it isn't particularly important now but I have the original archive, I uploaded it here and hak archive here. Looks like the only thing there that you don't have already is the change log.

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Sawark

This is pleasant surprise. :) Thanks... and +10VK points for you! The change log from your .zip file has been added to the project's page.

Hmmm... And if, by any chance, you have also any of the files, that we are looking for, in another similar topic: Almost lost in action: 'A Call For Heroes' - Hall of Fame series (i.e. a more recent version of: ACFH1, ACFH2 or ACFH3 module - than those we already have), it would be really a great and wonderful breakthrough!

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
BangedAgate

Unfortunately I never downloaded that series. I kept all of the files that I downloaded from the vault but there were so many good mods that I missed, which is why I'm so grateful for all the work people have done here.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%