You are here

Scaling problem with my Blanket VFX's

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
CalSailX
Scaling problem with my Blanket VFX's

 I've some blanket/bedroll vfx's that I've had sitting on the back burner for a while now... however I haven't seemed to be able to get the engine to pick the correct model from my visualeffect.2da to do the automatic scaling based on creature size.

  I was hoping to just use the differing Imp_Root_S_Node, Imp_Root_M_Node... etc, and avoid extra lines in the 2da and extra scripting just letting the game engine select the right one based on creature size. 

 

I was just wondering if anyone had knowledge of any model naming convention that the engine might need to see, ie: vdr_*? 

Or is just trying to get it to read and use something from the Imp_Root_S_Node entry,  making it fall over to using the Imp_Root_M_Node model. 

 I'd welcome any insight into where I might be shooting my-self in the foot with this issue!

 

 Maybe the pathfinding is broken on the tile, but my theory is she's beating her head against the wall because I added that last line to her dialog!

  • up
    50%
  • down
    50%
The Amethyst Dragon

You would need to write your VFX-applying script check the creature's racial type or appearance type, then use that information to specify which VFX to apply (by line number in your visualeffects.2da). The VFX is specified by the line number, rather than the file name of the effect's model.

For each size/version of the visual effect model, you will need a new line in visualeffects.2da, otherwise the game won't be able to apply them.

- The Amethyst Dragon
---------------
World of Aenea (the origin of almost all my works)
NWN Custom Content: The Complete List (90+ entries...you want this stuff)
>>>> If you have opinions on stuff I've made, or if you use any of it (as a player or builder), I like comments/votes/feedback...so do other content makers and builders. Keep us motivated. :)
------ Neverwinter Nights Community Site: The Unofficial Homepage for NWN ------

  • up
    50%
  • down
    50%
CalSailX

 Ahh... bummer... I was hoping when I seen the entries of different models for some of the spell effects that seemed to hook to creature size, that I could do the same and save some line-numbers and scripting.

Oh well not a biggy, just thought see if it was possible. Rather then find out latter that I didn't have to eat up three .2da line numbers per tileset latter on.

At least knowing that I can touch up the start/stop animations for the three bedrolls vfx models, and get them up before too long in a demo module.

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

  • up
    100%
  • down
    0%