You are here

Feedback Wanted (2/14): Server Side version of CEP?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon's picture
Feedback Wanted (2/14): Server Side version of CEP?

Hi all.

My PW's server runs on a modest PC right in my house, and I keep a stripped down version of all needed hak files on it instead of the full versions. I take out all the model, texture, and sound files, leaving only files the server actually uses. It trims the CEP haks from just under 5 GB (decompressed) into 169 MB.

You can't play the game with these haks, and you can't build with them, but they can be used to run the game for others.

Is there interest in having these "skinny" CEP haks uploaded for others to use?

- The Amethyst Dragon
---------------
World of Aenea (Hall of Fame PW and the origin of almost all my works)

NWN Custom Content: The Complete List (90+ entries, including 18 Hall of Fame award winners)

Self-Promotional Honesty: If you have opinions on stuff I've made, or if you use any of it (as a player or builder), I like comments/votes/feedback...so do other content makers and builders. Keep us motivated. :)

------ Neverwinter Nights Community Site: The Unofficial Homepage for NWN ------

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
meaglyn
meaglyn's picture

Sure! I'd love to check them out.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
CalSailX
CalSailX's picture

Ditto here, my old linux server never had the HD space for a full blown cep install. However it's out-lasted the hardware that was supposed to replace it. Runs like a big green tractor, and your stripped haks could help me use her for more then just running my own modules on her.

So ya... I'd love to get my hands on your stripped cep haks!

Maybe the pathfinding is broken on the tile, but my theory is she's beating her head against the wall because I added that last line to her dialog!

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
thirdmouse

This sounds useful. I feel like I should have thought of this.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Baaleos
Baaleos's picture

Would be useful 
I like building scripts that can install and deploy nwserver setups on amazon aws.
A trimmed down version of CEP for server side would be useful.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon's picture

I went ahead and uploaded the "skinny" CEP haks.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/cep-server-side-haks

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%