You are here

Custom Content Challenge: November 2017: One Ring to Rule Them All

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Challenge: November 2017: One Ring to Rule Them All

The theme for this month's challenge: "One Ring to Rule Them All":

Content based on the works of JRR Tolkien, including the 1970's Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the ICE Rolemaster Middle Earth Role Playing Supplements, and Peter Jackson's modern movies.

This theme was suggested by Carcerian.

Guidelines:

• It must be fully working in game.
  • Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine.  Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
  • Teamwork is welcome.
  • Beginners most welcome. Don't be afraid, just try, you'll be surprised!
  • "Custom Content" includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
  • All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by December 1st, 2017. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too. ;-)

Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:

• 2da lines needed.
  • Screenshot from in game for use on the vault page (this also gives me hints on how to display the new goodie). Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
  • Portraits (if needed) of your new goodie. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
  • Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goodie.
  • Any credits you would like listed.
  • If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).

Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!

This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month's theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screenshots of work in progress and/or finished projects.  

If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here

When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.

If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge. 

We'll try to help!

Have no fear and join the fun!

And finally, you can: 

- The Amethyst Dragon
---------------
World of Aenea (the origin of almost all my works)
NWN Custom Content: The Complete List (90+ entries...you want this stuff)
>>>> If you have opinions on stuff I've made, or if you use any of it (as a player or builder), I like comments/votes/feedback...so do other content makers and builders. Keep us motivated. :)
------ Neverwinter Nights Community Site: The Unofficial Homepage for NWN ------

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
The Amethyst Dragon

A couple days late start, but here's the next theme's thread.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
sherincall

While I doubt I'll get around to making it fully working on Windows by the end of the month, I couldn't resist the opportunity to do the shadowrealm effect when wearing the ring:

https://youtu.be/gDXAzXAe3Gc

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Tarot Redhand

Just a few ideas. The list of named weapons from middle earth contained within a larger article on Wikipedia. Any of these would be great. Placeable hobbit doorway with (working?) proper circular door. There seem to be plenty of different design features on that Google images page. Creatures - Nasgul and Fell Beasts, Peter Jackson movie Orcs, Goblins and Uruk Hai. Any of the named characters and/or their mounts including Dain Ironfoot on his War Pig (youtube). Couldn't find a decent clip of Thranduil on his Elk though.

TR

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
quevy

Icona chiave di Erebor

Free Gollum Model

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
quevy
  • up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Black Rider

I know, I'm late in this plus I'm lacking time. But I wanted to take the chance to still offer this:

I couldn't resist and try to get quevys finding of Gollum (https://free3d.com/3d-model/gollum-smeagol-76104.html) into Gmax via Blender:

(Gollum and NWN1 Halfling)

It's a (IMO) nice low poly model - good job, 3dregenerator!

I don't have the skills to animate it, though! Anybody intrested giving it a shot, please send me a PM and I get the mdl, Gmax or Blender file to you.

The Gmax version is scaled down a bit (95%) and smoothed.

If you are intrested, keep in mind the following:

- The Gollum cloth needs a bit of additional work, as you can see in the screenshot (that I could do).

- The Gollum model is made up of 4 parts and uses 4 textures.

- I'm not aware of any NWN1-creature to be used as an animation base to eg. skinmesh or supermodel it. So animation must probably be done from scartch...

- If using the NWN1-method for animation, the Gollum model would have to be seperated into more according body parts.

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Tarot Redhand

What is 3dregenerator? A link would be nice.

TR

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Proleric
Proleric's picture

It's the name of the model maker. Follow the link in the previous post (after the word "Gollum"). You can then click on their name to see their highly informative bio wink

NWN and DAO adventures at http://proleric.com/

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Shemsu-Heru

@TheOneBlackRider

I would animated that nice Gollum model with pleasure. But I'm quite busy at the moment. Even when I like this month topic, I'm afraid that I won't be able to participate...

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Black Rider

@ Proleric: Thank you for doing the clarification for me!

@ Shemsu-Heru: One of the persons for this job! :) Well, Gollum will sit on my HD without catching any rust (I hope). Just tell me, when you find the time and want to go for it. I think, it's not forbidden to be released outside the CCC. ;)

I could release it as a statue! Wouldn't that be usefull??? OK. No, it's not.

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
rjshae

What, no Sauron model?

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
Greenman6220
This is for TheOneBlackRider. This may be of some help. JayAre had a creature in his A 2 Slavers Stockade called a boogle that moves a lot like Gollum. I hope this is of some use to you. Greenman

Greenman6220

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Black Rider

@ Greenman: Thank you! Thing is, that my spare time is pretty much down to nothing ATM. But stil: Do you have a link?

Edit: Do you mean this:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/scourge-slavelords-part...

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%