You are here

Custom Content Challenge: January 2017: The Art of War

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Challenge: January 2017: The Art of War

The theme for this month's challenge: "The Art of War":

Military and Battlefield PLCs, Seige Engines and Weapons, Soldiers, Officers, Commanders, Support, New Combat Related Animations, Tents, Barricades, Fortifications, Defense Improvements (Murder Holes, Archer Slits, Boiling Oil) or anything else related to Modern or Historic warfare.

This theme was suggested by Carcerian.

Guidelines:

• It must be fully working in game.
  • Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine.  Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
  • Teamwork is welcome.
  • Beginners most welcome. Don't be afraid, just try, you'll be surprised!
  • "Custom Content" includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
  • All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by February 10th, 2017. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too. ;-)

Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:

• 2da lines needed.
  • Screenshot from in game for use on the vault page (this also gives me hints on how to display the new goodie). Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
  • Portraits (if needed) of your new goodie. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
  • Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goodie.
  • Any credits you would like listed.
  • If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).

Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!

This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month's theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screenshots of work in progress and/or finished projects.  

If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here

When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.

If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge. 

We'll try to help!

Have no fear and join the fun!

And finally, you can: 

- The Amethyst Dragon
---------------
World of Aenea (The origin of almost all my works.)
NWN Custom Content: The Complete List (90+ entries...You want this stuff.)
CEP 2.62 (Oh, this? Just a little something I've been working on since 2014.)
------ Neverwinter Nights Community Site: The Unofficial Homepage for NWN ------

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
The Amethyst Dragon

Late start to this, sorry. Pushed end out to Feb. 10th.

Emailed/Downloaded Projects:

Guns, Guns, and More Guns (placeables) by VeilofShadows

Gun Shop Displays (placeables) by VeilofShadows

Rifle Stands (placeables) by VeilofShadows

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
rjshae

Surely we'll see a heavy war horse with barding in the mix?

• up
    100%
  • down
    0%
Wall3t

Hoping this will turn out to be an intresting month for this challenge! If i had the time, other than to post, i'd luv to do a few myself

for some ideas: maybe some kind of 17-18th century european soldiers with muskets/ or outfits (musket part being entirely optional, and not reccomended), a Real Scale Model Gunpowder Cannon, Military Hats (Officer, General, Commander, Soldier) of the 17th-18th Century European/American Kind (or which ever period suits the creator! maybe even 20th century period), Maybe expand into a more modern 20th century period with Tanks, Artillary, Trucks, Planes, half-Tracks, there are literaly dozens of these as free models across the internet.

I can't say I know of anything else at the moment, seeing as how this was kinda done before, but maybe that might be enough to get everyone started!

• up
    50%
  • down
    50%
VeilOfShadows
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to thee... GUNS GALLORE !!! Finally it is possible to arm your gunshops to the teeth ! Small arms, big arms, heavy arms, PRETTY ARMS ! guns gallore And just when you thought it couldn't get better: Revolving walls with secret gun stash ! revolving walls And wait, there's more ! A sci-fi edition as well, packed with guns for any shady smuggler or weapons dealer of the future ! sci-fi
  • up
    100%
  • down
    0%
VeilOfShadows
And I simply can't get these images to work . *Updated* There we go ! I should probably add that I take no credit for the original weapon models since they've been made by others. The rest is made by me though.
  • up
    50%
  • down
    50%
The Amethyst Dragon
  • up
    50%
  • down
    50%