New Forums

Please go vote on the new forums now. Let's get this shipped.

You are here

VahnHaunt's blog

D20 Modern: Finalizing has Begun

This week has been quite productive and I've just started finalizing the tiles now. At this point I'll be checking all the tiles for any errors: missing textures, lights not working, walk-meshes behaving correctly, normals facing the wrong way, and so on. Additionally, it gaves me one more chance to inculde any more variants, features and groups. When thoroughly checked, I can begin exporting the tiles and test. Once all the tiles are safe and error-free, it should be ready to be used. However I got good and bad news. But!

D20 Modern: Delay

A short update this next week.

In my last blog, I mentioned I missed several tiles. Well, it seems I missed several more as well. I didn't know some of the terrain tiles on connect to Raise/Lower and over the water. It was a minor delay really. I can say, approximately between two to four weeks, I'll be finished with D20 Modern Exterior. One day of finalization, I can put a list, which is huge, of fixes and changes.

D20 Modern: All Base Tiles Done

Quite happy to announce that all of the base tiles are complete. From here I'll be adding a couple to several more tile variants, features and groups of my own. Additionally, new crossers to a select few. Here's some of mine to share:

D20 Modern: Really Close to the Halfway Mark

This is going to be a very short update because I got back from a Christmas family-gathering. I'm really tired. :(

Before the Christmas family-gathering, I was almost done but I've completed three-fourths of the group tiles. However I didn't want to rush it because it'll be a messy result. I'm already in the process planning more new variants, features and groups.

D20 Modern: Near the Halfway Mark

Here’s a short update for this week.
 
The terrain tiles are now complete… for now. I’m almost finished with group tiles. Under features it only had one and was for wall 2. As I mentioned in my pervious blogs, I will add some of my own once I complete all of the features, groups and terrain tiles first.

D20 Modern: Fruitious

Firstly, I want to mention I did post last week until it was drowned by other news. Which I have no quarrels really. You may read my previous blog entry on my profile. Now on with the week’s update on d20 Modern tilesets.
 
I have to say this has been a fruitious week for me because I didn’t realize how much remodeling I’ve done. Both of the warehouses, hospital, police station, all high-rises and all of the fences are complete.

D20 Modern: A Brief Overview

A brief overview in what I‘ve done so far. After going back and double-checking the slums, they seems to be in order, cleaned, aligned and ready to exported. That would be later though because I do plan to add some of my own. High-rises 2, 3, 5 and 6 received minimal to some changes. High-rise 5 was had an improper inner corner. It was a roof tile but wasn’t modeled into an inner corner.

D20 Modern: Slums Complete, For Now

This is going to be short update for this week. I have finished all of the slums now. Slums 3 had slightly more models than Slums 2 but nothing compared to Slums 1. Before, however, I start cleaning-up on the high-rises, I'm going back to double-check everything: models placed correctly, walk-meshes aligned and cleaned up, both lightsources and mainlights are working, textures realigned and resized, and add any missing models.

D20 Modern: A Little Backtracking

I apologize for not posting yesterday. I got caught up with my family and watched the Cowboys-Chargers football game (I expected more from Dallas but oh well). I’m sure you gals and guys can agree that family time matters is more important.
 
Anyways, with Thanksgiving done for the year, I had to backtrack somewhat. After doing a quick test, to ensure that the models are placed evenly and textures properly aligned, roughly about a quarter out of 36 redone models weren’t.

D20 Modern: Problem Resolved

After spending two days to resolve the issue of the toolset error, I finally understand what was causing the issue. The issue was the point of origin of walk-meshes. When I apply their location, their point of origin isn’t centered because it shoots off randomly on any axes ranging from 20 to 100 units (both positive and negative). I did a quick experiment to confirm my suspicions.
 
After properly re-centering the point of origin for all the walk-meshes, the toolset no longer crashes.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - VahnHaunt's blog