The Community Expansion Pack (CEP) is a large hak pak collection of free, community-made custom content. Most of the included material comes from content previously posted on the Neverwinter Vault by independent users and, more recently, by contributors to the Custom Content Challenge, with additional content developed specifically for the CEP. Included content is organized to function properly together, with necessary updates made to models, scripts, and .2da files. The CEP is intended to be a "universal" download - players can download this single package to access a large number of modules and persistent worlds that otherwise would have each required their own individual downloads.
Builders using the CEP for their module have the option of selecting which CEP content appears in-game. Content from the CEP does not override default Neverwinter Nights content, nor does it affect modules that don't specifically use the CEP. The Community Expansion Pack has been very successful over the years, and many long-term players have found the CEP to be as vital to Neverwinter Nights as the BioWare expansion packs.
CEP Installation (for players and module builders)
CEP Forum (ask questions or share your CEP tips and tricks)
CEP Wiki (you can suggest & vote on CEP possible content additions)
The current version of the CEP is 2.61 (released April 25, 2015).
- CEP 2.61 is an update from version 2.60 (and requires the user already have CEP 2.60)
- a full download of 2.61 will be available soon
Compatible with modules/servers built with CEP 2.0 and later.
For CEP 1, which may be needed to play some older modules, do a search for "CEP" on this site.
Decompressed Size: about 5 GB (haks, tlk files, documentation, starter modules)
Partial Features List:
* NPC and placeable portraits
* creature models
* placeables object models
* visual effects
* clothing and armor parts
* masks and helmets
* additional cloaks
* expanded tilesets
* tintable creatures (CEP Content - by Acaos, TheExcimer-500, Barry_1066, 420)
* over 100 new doors (CEP Content - by Barry_1066)
* dragon Riding models and riding system (CEP Content - Adam Miller (models), Barry_1066 and Malishara, scipts and other system components)
* Demogorgon and Orcus models (CEP Content)
* scaleable creature appearances (in highlight and no-highlight variety) up to 500X normal size
* area loadscreens
* weapon and shield models
* additional weapon visual effects (visible only to players using NWNCX)
* miscellaneous base item types
* rideable creatures (by Draygoth)
CEP Scripted Systems:
* DMTS (by Maliahara and Barry_1066 - sample videos: video 1, video 2, video 3)
* Creature Wizard by 420 - (tint, resize, level, change appearances, names, descriptions, portraits and so much more, easily and quickly).
* DM Stage Manager System, SMS (now integrated into part of the Sparky Spawner - one can spawn a saved setup easily and change it easily with the SMS).
* DM Placeable Management System (The Pepper - move placeables where you want them in game - great for build or playing).
* DM Targeting Tool (many functions - an all purpose tool with an ever growing list of commands - utilizes the OnChat function so DMs can command in stealth)
* DM Encounter System (including DM Encounter and Ditto widgets, Encounter Area)
* Monster Containment System, MCS, (integrated with the Sparkey Spawner and found in the encounter area)
* Sparky Spawner (incredibly powerful full featured spawn system integrated with the test of DMTS)
|cep_2_60_full.7z (23109)||886.86 MB|
|cep_2_60_quick2dafix1.7z - A quick download to fix some minor 2da errors that have been found. (6318)||317.53 KB|
|cep2_add_tiles2.hak file - CEP 2.4 version for some that might be having a problem with the updated one. (2982)||36.73 MB|
|cep_2_61_from_2_60.7z - Update from 2.60 to 2.61, requires 2.60 (8272)||444 MB|
|portraits and case-sensitivity|
|Question about Faction idea|
|Epic Critical Hits From Planescape Torment|
|Best Way To Handle "FireAndForget" Animations|
|Elven Treetop City Tileset|
|NWN facelift - Bare necessities|
|Organically Spawned Areas(random maps etc)|
|Gmax - tiling a texture in the UVW-Editor|